Setting up this forum

Bert
Administrator
Hi all,

I went ahead and set up the subforums. Most likely I forgot subjects, that need their own subforum . Or maybe you feel I included a subject that does not need its own subforum.

Now is the time to set this up, before the subforums are flooded with your messages

I saw that there can be more than one administrator. If anyone would like to become co-administrator, please let us know.

Oh, and welcome again!

Re: Setting up this forum

vicmz
Administrator
I wouldn't mind to act as admin. But first: you should go to Options > Users > Change Permissions. On "Create Topic" and "Reply to Topic" choose Modified instead of Default, and untick "Anyone", then click "Save Changes" at the end of the page. This prevents rogue users of just posting anything anonymously.

Re: Setting up this forum

Bert
Administrator
vicmz wrote
I wouldn't mind to act as admin. But first: you should go to Options > Users > Change Permissions. On "Create Topic" and "Reply to Topic" choose Modified instead of Default, and untick "Anyone", then click "Save Changes" at the end of the page. This prevents rogue users of just posting anything anonymously.
Hi vicmz,

I changed the permissions. You're probably right. My idea before you posted the above, was to leave the door open for occasional guests or people wanting to test the water first, before becoming registered. But indeed, we don't need spam and forum security is more important.

You are admin now...thanks!

Re: Setting up this forum

ASRI
Bert wrote