Quirky

12

Quirky

L18L
This post was updated on .
For Quirky
try this one:

http://extra-inter.net/momanager-20150404.pet

No, take this http://extra-inter.net/momanager-20150407.pet now

please.

My Regards

Re: Quirky

Bert
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Nice Easter surprise!

I've been testing MM20150404 for an hour or so and have mixed results in Quirky 7.02-April64.

First start-up: the "Please wait..." pop-up did not go away. (was not killed). Editing existing mo file worked fine. Editing a new po file produced an empty mo file on the left.

Second start-up: Editing a new po file worked this time, with a good mo file in the left part of the screen.
However, after clicking OK in the dark green window, MoManager didn't open its start window. ( only the fuzzy window remained on screen). The "Please wait..." remained on screen.

Third start-up: After clicking a mo file to edit, the "please wait..." finally went away!
Closing the translation, again MoManager did not re-open its main window. But the translation was perfect.

It's too early to conclude anything. My bizarre impression is MoManager 20150404 is getting better after each new start....

I will test some more in the coming days. Maybe I'd better do a fresh install, just in case the problem is in my Quirky install. (which is a "system D" install ...yes, French friends, you can start laughing now )

I wonder if any of you is currently using Quirky 7 and what your experiences are?
For example: I cannot installl Poedit...maybe that's because it should be compiled in T2...??

But thanks a lot L18L for your continued listening to our complaints and your hard work to make MoManager reliable in all circumstances.

Happy Easter to you all!

Re: Quirky

L18L
Bert wrote
First start-up: the "Please wait..." pop-up did not go away. (was not killed). Editing existing mo file worked fine. Editing a new po file produced an empty mo file on the left.
After some fiddling with Quirky's new popadd
I have come to the following work around.

Around line 1668 in /usr/sbin/momanager change it to look like:

kill `pidof yaf-splash` $yPID 2>/dev/null
#popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' 2>/dev/null #150404
xterm -e popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' & #150404

Don't ask me why but with me this is working now (no more "please wait...").

You can always kill this "please wait..." by copying
popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|'
into a terminal and press Enter.

Re: Quirky

Bert
Administrator
L18L wrote
Bert wrote
First start-up: the "Please wait..." pop-up did not go away. (was not killed). Editing existing mo file worked fine. Editing a new po file produced an empty mo file on the left.
After some fiddling with Quirky's new popadd
I have come to the following work around.

Around line 1668 in /usr/sbin/momanager change it to look like:

kill `pidof yaf-splash` $yPID 2>/dev/null
#popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' 2>/dev/null #150404
xterm -e popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' & #150404

Don't ask me why but with me this is working now (no more "please wait...").

You can always kill this "please wait..." by copying
popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|'
into a terminal and press Enter.
Hi L18L,

Thank you.
I changed the code around line 1668 to your above code.
Partial success: the "please wait..." pop-up disappears after selecting a file in the right column, which does not have a mo file. (it doesn't after selecting an existing mo file in left column)
It should disappear as soon as it's done scanning files, shouldn't it?

I never ran MoManager from Geany before...discovered something interesting, maybe related to our problem:
 The Bash console gives this, directly after clicking "execute":

This goes on for what feels like two minutes...

"No such file or directory"...of course not, because in /usr/local/apps it is called Find'N'Run.

But it gets weirder: thinking FindNRun could be part of the problem, I asked PPM to un-install it.
PPM reported successful removal.
Believe it or not, the Find'N'Run' desktop icon is still there and functional, opening a 100% working Find&Run.

If you would see SFR or L18L this week, tell them to explain this Find&Run's behaviour to us

Sorry for deviating from translating, but it seems there's a relation...
Thanks a lot and bye for now,
Bert

Re: Quirky please wait

L18L
This post was updated on .
Bert wrote
... changed the code around line 1668 to your above code.
Partial success: the "please wait..." pop-up disappears after selecting a file in the right column, which does not have a mo file. (it doesn't after selecting an existing mo file in left column)
It should disappear as soon as it's done scanning files, shouldn't it?
Yes, it should disappear.
Yesterday it did disappear.
Today it did not disappear.

Changed to:

#echo "$MM2_DLG" > /tmp/xxx #TEST
##if [ $POPUPFLAG -eq 1 ];then #150308
## popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|'
##else
## kill $yPID
##fi

##popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' 2>/dev/null #150404
##xterm -e popadd 'name=mmpop1 terminate=now|' #150404
kill `pidof popup yaf-splash` $yPID 2>/dev/null

it did disappear. Note, it is the "popup" in "pidof".
Hope it will also disappear with you.

Re: Quirky and Find'N'Run

L18L
Bert wrote
If you would see SFR or L18L this week, tell them to explain this Find&Run's behaviour to us
L18L has already been asking SFR to change directory Find'N'Run to FindNRUN (without the quotes   )
SFR has released version 1.3 http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=98330

But take care about Names
That fast algorithm needs:

Name
to be before
Name[nl]
before
Name[nl_BE]
in /usr/share/applications/*.desktop

for working as intended.

It is not deviating you see.

( And I should write a script to change the existing translated Names )

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
Hi l18L,

Applied your above code:

A couple of seconds after pressing "execute" the fuzzy and MoManager windows appear and the popup goes away.

Bash says:
<< yPID=
     ./momanager: line 1666: $'kill \nfi': command not found >>

Does that help you?
Thanks!

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
Sorry, L18L, my mistake: forgot to comment out: $'kill \nfi'

I'll try again.

Re: Quirky please wait

L18L
Bert wrote
Hi l18L,

Applied your above code:

A couple of seconds after pressing "execute" the fuzzy and MoManager windows appear and the popup goes away.

Bash says:
<< yPID=
     ./momanager: line 1666: $'kill \nfi': command not found >>

Does that help you?
Thanks!
"command not found" does n ot hurt.

Made me curious and I started momanager from geany..
Here is how it ended:
/usr/sbin/Pudd:701: warning: Although being used in a format string position, the msgid is not a valid Shell format string. Reason: The string refers to a shell variable whose value may be different inside shell functions.
./momanager: line 980: /tmp/momanager/momanager: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

------------------
(program exited with code: 127)
Press return to continue

Code 127 is nothing good.

But starting momanager from Console works fine.

BTW, is it quirky-7.02 you are using?

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
L18L wrote
BTW, is it quirky-7.02 you are using?
Yes.

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
Good news... after a reboot, I started MoManager from the menu and everything now behaves as expected.

I will now check starting from Geany to see if bash is happier now.

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
After deleting /tmp/momanager, I executed Monanager in Geany.
No luck: it hangs at exactly the same point (pudd) in the console, same error 127.
Had to kill the popup (kill `pidof popup yaf-splash`) in terminal.

Maybe just bash trying to fool us?

Re: Quirky please wait

L18L
Let us simply forget "momanager in geany".

Did you succeed with Find'N'Run?

Re: Quirky please wait

Bert
Administrator
L18L wrote
Let us simply forget "momanager in geany".

Did you succeed with Find'N'Run?
Yes! Thanks for that.

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150407

L18L
Hi Bert,

"please wait"
you have been waiting so long now.  (Re-found on the web   )
Hope it will be be history with new version.

Bert wrote
 I cannot installl Poedit...maybe that's because it should be compiled in T2...??
 In Quirky April64 you should try a 64 bit version of poedit.

BFN

http://extra-inter.net/momanager-20150407.pet

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150407

Bert
Administrator
Hi L18L,

I've been testing the new momanager and everything is well!
I already miss the ...waiting, now have less opportunity to go and grab another coffee

The small problem I emailed you about ( de or nl?) is still there, but is totally unimportant.

Do we now have two MM's? One for general public and one for those quirky translators? (ja, jene skurrilen √úbersetzer)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work!

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150407

L18L
There has to be one MM only.
PTT users have the opportunity to test new versions.

The small problem I emailed you about ( de or nl?) is still there, but is totally unimportant.
No, it is important!
It is still there because I do not check my email very often.

Thanks a lot for testing!

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150409

L18L
momanager-20150409.pet released for public consumption now.

Waiting for more bug reports before submit anywhere else to.

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150409

Bert
Administrator
L18L wrote
momanager-20150409.pet released for public consumption now.

Waiting for more bug reports before submit anywhere else to.
Bugs need a program...

I believe it's this one:

http://extra-inter.net/momanager-20150409.pet

Bye

Re: Quirky new version: momanager-20150409

L18L
Bert wrote
Bugs need a program...
... and programms need data...
momanager-20150409 created langpack_de-20150419.pet
all in one, for "Puppies" and "Quirky April"
12