Puppy plural? (if not young dogs, but Puppy linux distro's)

Puppy plural? (if not young dogs, but Puppy linux distro's)

Bert
Administrator
What would be the right way?

I've seen :

   Puppies
   Puppy's
   Puppys
   Pups
??

Re: Puppy plural? (if not young dogs, but Puppy linux distro's)

vicmz
Administrator
Actually the correct one is the first one (puppies), and pups would be the plural of pup. When the proper name is used, it should be capitalized: Puppy Linux, Puppy version, Puppy derivative, Puppy install. Talking about a random Puppy version or derivative, puppy or pup (no capitals) would be the correct form in informal terms: a puppy, many puppies, a pup, a few pups.

Re: Puppy plural? (if not young dogs, but Puppy linux distro's)

Bert
Administrator
Thanks Vic,

That's a clear explanation. Of course I did know the puppy plural is 'puppies', I just hesitated because many murga posters use other plurals to differentiate Puppy Linux releases from young dogs.

I'll follow your logic... and edit the "simple guide for translators-v.0.2" accordingly.